Latest News

Bribie Events

Homepage Forums QBSA Forum Tournaments Bribie Events

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  harold silver 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

WilliamK
    Participant

I see that the Bribie Over 50s, Over 60s and Over 70s are listed in this years calendar for QBSA events. However they did not run these events last year and my attempts to contact them by email have failed.
    Can anyone who has seen this years Bribie events calendar confirm their events and if they are not running any invitation tournaments, lets all know so that we can schedule our time properly.
    Also, I am interested in knowing what events are planned for members, because contrary to what their secretary claims, I am still a financial member and have been since 2001!!!!!!!

WilliamK
    Participant

I now have a copy of the Bribie event calendar and their dates do agree with the QBSA calendar.

WilliamK
    Participant

Is the Bribie Island Snooker Club Over 50’s on for May 12-13th or not?

greybeard
    Participant

Bribie Island Over 50’s is being held 11th to 13th May.
    Enquiries to Suzie Salt 0414565616.
    Entry fee$45

WilliamK
    Participant

That is good to hear. Who is the tournament director and will the handicaps be based on the usual handicap ratings currently used in other handicap tournaments?

pockets
    Participant

The final was won by Chee Yap defeating Peter Williams 3.0

greybeard
    Participant

Results from Quater Finals…
    Jim Wicks (20) D Dennis Payne (37) 2/1
    Peter Williams (11) D Rachel King (60) 2/0
    Mo Heke (28) D George Goold (50) 2/0
    Chee Yap (18) D Steve Springer (40) 2/1

Semis…
    Peter Williams (11) D Jim Wicks (20) 2/1
    Chee Yap (18) D Mo Heke (28) 2/0

Final…
    Chee Yap (18) D Peter Williams (11) 3/0

Congratulations Chee Yap…2018 Bribie Over 50’s Champion

harold silver
    Participant

Well done Chee ; maybe not a large field, particularly from outer suburbs ans northern NSW and of course Gympie area. The one rep from Sunshine Coast Alan Richmond(Dawn’s faithful carer) flew his flag for a while, and naturally there are many reasons mainly health for non-appearances.On the healthy side of our Game Chee Yap and his colleague Alice are representing Australia as referees in China July world champs. Great experience for them and they will set the example.
    In sport…Harold

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.