Latest News

HISTORY – Keith Uhlmann, Rodney Ferminger, Ricky Bourke

Homepage Forums QBSA Forum News HISTORY – Keith Uhlmann, Rodney Ferminger, Ricky Bourke

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Old Codger 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Old Codger
    Participant

PLEASE HELP. Would any reader aware of the contact details of any of the above kindly let me know.
    I have had to defer the period from WW2 to 1970 because those sports reports have not been digitised. A Microfiche search of the Qld newspapers for over five hours has revealed only one item on a page by page search over many daily editions. As I will now be in the era of living memory, and the cueists mentioned above were involved in the 60’s, they would certainly be able to help me.
    With Thanks OC 0408799337 or steweys@bigpond.com

Peter147
    Participant

Keith Uhlmann was a member of Kedron Wavell B & S Club years ago, but have not seen or heard from him for years, nor do I have contact details, but he may still be a member of Kedron Wavell Services Club. You might have some luck there.

Osters
    Keymaster

hhhhhh

mccrackin
    Participant

Great player,Rodney Furminger.Won numerous State Snooker titles,not too sure how many.Also won the prestigious May Day tournament in Wooloongong in 1981 I think and this was no mean feat considering that this tournament was invitation only to the best 16 players in Australia.Not only did he win it,he won it without dropping a frame!
    He also holds the record for the highest break in interclub fixtures with a 135 in the 1982 season I think.
    Rodney was a great safety player,it was always hard to score off him and one of his great sayings was “It’s not compulsory to have a go”

MR 99
    Participant

Entries now be taken for the Minor Grade Championships 2017
    1 Chris Dietrich
    2 Nigel Varney
    3 Ropeti Amituanai

Old Codger
    Participant

Re: Rodney Furminger. mccrackin and peter147, thanks. Sorry that I missed yours, Peter. Struggling a bit with this period, not many of us left around to remember. Would still like to talk to Rod and some research is still being done via Nudgee Golf Club. Thanks. OC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.