Latest News

Maroochydore Open Snooker

Homepage Forums QBSA Forum Tournaments Maroochydore Open Snooker

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  WilliamK 4 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

WilliamK
    Participant

Is this event still on for 15-17th February?

greybeard
    Participant

My guess would be that it would be more likely for a herd of wild pigs to fly past a UFO and land in the Maroochy RSL carpark…

Peter147
    Participant

So, exactly where is this UFO??

greybeard
    Participant

Pete , it’s no. 3 on the list in the book…Great Mysteries of Life , chapter 4…Unfathomable Events.

But don’t despair…keep the faith and all will be revealed in due course…

QBall

Postponed. Advice to come in due course.

greybeard
    Participant

A little bird has tweeted in my ear….13th/14th April was the message…

WilliamK
    Participant

Doesn’t anyone know how to use the calendar on this site?

potwhite

The short answer is, yes we do.

The longer answer is that with World Snooker and Billiard events continually changing and this in turn causing changes to Australian National and Ranking events, it is making it rather difficult for all states to plan their calendars with any confidence. As soon as a State Association thinks they have a calendar planned, events get cancelled and moved and there goes the calendar again and back to the drawing board.

WilliamK
    Participant

It has only been a couple of years since I was organising events for our club, and I doubt if anything has changed at all. My events included our state championship, state ranked open, 3 open handicap tournaments, club championships, plus 8-10 handicap events for members.
    One starts by looking at the calendar for the previous year.
    Sure one or two clashes may need to be avoided, but unless each club establishes an event calendar at the beginning of the year, no-one has anything to work with. Experienced organisers may notice that some events coincide with other events in their locality, like the Redland Over 50’s is linked to their Seniors Week and the QLD Open tied to Australia Day. These and others are constants that may never change.
    In fact after a couple of years of doing this, I found that the simplest method was starting with last years calendar, adjusting for the new year, and then submitting to the QBSA calendar… and wait. It won’t be long before clashes are pointed out. But at least all clubs and all organisers have a central point of reference, without which their task is impossible.
    The QBSA calendar needs to include ALL open events and giving only 2 weeks notice is one of the reasons that fewer entries are being received. For major events attracting interstate players, 2 months notice should be a minimum.
    The event calendar is a team effort, so get on with it.

greybeard
    Participant

It would be most appreciated by members if they could look on here to plan which tournaments they wanted to enter.

WilliamK
    Participant

That is the way it used to be. Most clubs had their events posted in the calendar already by this time of the year.
    What may be missing is any one person getting in touch with all club presidents, at least those that do run Open events, and encouraging them a hurry up in case they lose their regular slot.
    I used to do this but I am no longer available. In any case, that task should be one for a QBSA committee member, especially one who can advise/update calendar logins in cases where club committees change.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.