Latest News

Pennant Finals

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Peter147 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Peter147
    Participant

For all those that are wondering how the first night of the A Grade Finals went, I don’t have the scoresheets, so I can’t give you all the details of the night, but I can tell you that KW Torpedos won the first Major Semi and go straight into the Grand Final on Saturday. The team they beat(Sherwood Phoenix) play in the Prelim Final on Thursday night.
    The Minor Semi Final was between the two Redland teams, Renegades and Tigers. The Tigers won and they meet Sherwood Phoenix on Thurs night. Unfortunately its the end of the road for the Renegades.

B Grade Finals Tuesday Night at Kedron Wavell Snooker Inc. Everyone is welcome to come and support your teams.
    Cheers,
    Peter Williams

Peter147
    Participant

The second night of Pennant Finals saw B Grade’s Kedron Wavell Orient through to the Grand Final on Sat after defeating Matchroom Afghanis in the Major Semi Final. The Minor Semi was won by Redlands Muddies over Redcliffe Lions and so Redlands Lions will play Matchroom Afghanis on Thurs night to fight it out for a place in the Grand Final on Saturday.

Tonight sees the C Grade Major Semi Final of Sherwood Hoods against KW Green and the Minor Semi is Redcliffe Jaguars against Matchroom Cannons.
    Again, the winner of the Major Semi goes straight through to the Grand Final on Saturday where proceedings kick of at about 11.00am, and the loser of that Major Semi gets a second chance by playing the Winner of the Minor Semi on Friday night.

Once again Kedron Wavell Snooker Inc. welcomes all to come and watch and support your clubs. Play commences tonight at 7pm, Tables will be closed from 6.00pm.
    Cheers,
    Peter Williams

Peter147
    Participant

Update from the C Grade Pennant Finals:
    Sherwood Hoods won the Major Semi against KW Green and go straight to Grand Final on Saturday. Matchroom Cannons won the Minor Semi against Redcliffe Jaguars. So its the end of the road this season for Redcliffe Jaguars, and Matchroom Cannon play KW Green on Friday night in the Prelim Final.

Tonight(Thursday) we have the Prelim Finals for both A & B Grades. A Grade is Redland Tigers V’s Sherwood Phoenix, and B Grade is Matchroom Afghanis V’s Redlands Muddies.

Should be some good Snooker tonight. Everyone is welcome to come and watch and support you teams.

Peter147
    Participant

Well, I may be writing all this for nothing as I havn’t seen any replies or anyone make any other comments, but in case anyone is wondering how the matches went tonight:

A Grade – Sherwood Phoenix defeated Redlands Tigers in a close encounter decided by the 3 frame shoot out after the teams were locked together.

B Grade – Redlands Muddies too strong for Matchroom Afghanis tonight.

So just waiting for the result from tonights C Grade prelim Final between Matchroom Cannons and KW Green, to see who will battle it out on Saturday against Sherwood Hoods in the Grand Final.

The other two Grades Grand Finals to be played on Saturday are:

B Grade – KW Orient V’s Redlands Muddies.
    A Grade – KW Torpedos V’s Sherwood Phoenix.

Peter147
    Participant

Congrats to KW Green, on securing their place in the Grand Final today.

Awsome effort by our club with all three of our teams(one in each grade) getting to the Grand Final. Now lets see if we can go all the way!

Play for all 3 Grades commences at 11.30 this morning. Plenty of room for spectators, so come along and support your teams.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.